Line management: Head of Science
Starting Salary: Competitive dependant on qualifications and experience
Hours: 08.15 – 17.15 (although part-time will be considered for the right candidate)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational individual to teach chemistry in our rapidly expanding school. This post would suit an NQT.
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th December 2020
Interviews to take place: Wednesday 9th December 2020
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A track record of outstanding classroom practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders
• Strong organisational skills
• The ability to work with and interpret data reporting systems
• Clear understanding of the impact of effective study skills and intervention programmes on student outcomes at all key stages
• An innovative and flexible approach
• The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
• Evidence of continued professional development and learning
We can offer:
• A dynamic working environment with excellent professional development opportunities
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• Small class sizes and strong community links
Main duties and responsibilities:
Teaching and learning
• To define the knowledge, skills, techniques and concepts to be developed and taught in a way that ensures progression and continuity throughout the curriculum.
• To ensure the appropriate levels of challenge across the curriculum to meet the needs of all levels of student ability.
• To promote teaching and learning styles which stimulate student interest and involvement in learning.
• To establish appropriately high expectations by setting down clear guidelines for establishing good standards of behaviour and achievement within the curriculum area, including the careful presentation of work and the promotion of literacy throughout the school.
• To establish procedures for the monitoring and recording of progress, which include the active participation of students, and involve the passing on of records from year to year.
Efficient and effective deployment of resources
• To foster and support the co-curricular programme in the interests of the school community.
• To promote high levels of literacy across the school in line with the literacy policy and focus for the year
Communication and liaison
• To ensure effective dialogue with parents in accordance with school policies.
• To attend parent/ teacher consultation evenings and to arrange appropriate cover (including information on students’ progress) for absent staff.
|Attributes||Essential Criteria||Desirable Criteria|
|Knowledge and skills||
|Experience and skills||
||Candidates must demonstrate understanding of, and acceptance and commitment to, the principles underlying equal opportunities|
Subject to meeting the qualifying conditions all Teaching Staff are automatically enrolled in our work place pension scheme, currently provided by Scottish Widows. Mount House matches the employee contribution up to a maximum of 7.5% of your salary.
School fee remission:
Staff fee remission is granted in accordance with the provision at the time of commencing employment at Mount House School
In term time Staff are provided with lunch in the School Dining Room.
Pre-Employment Vetting Checks:
It is a condition of employment at Mount House School that every applicant who accepts the offer of a job will be subject to criminal background checks through the DBS and will be required to provide documentary evidence to confirm their identity and right to work in the UK. The checks will be carried out at the School’s expense. References will be taken up, including those from previous employers.
The post-holder’s responsibility for promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom he/she is responsible or with whom he/she comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the Safeguarding Policy Statement at all times. If, in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the school he/she must report any concerns to the Head and / or DSL.